Business News from the Wall Street Journal
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 05:28:57 +0000: Nissan-Renault Scandal Shows It's Hard to Keep Car Alliances on Track - WSJ.com: US Business
Tensions between Nissan and Renault after the arrest of longtime alliance leader Carlos Ghosn show it has never been easy for the global auto industry to make mergers and partnerships work.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 05:18:01 +0000: Verizon Takes $4.5 Billion Charge Related to Digital Media Business - WSJ.com: US Business
Verizon Communications is booking a $4.5 billion accounting charge related to its Oath media business, a sign its bet on high-profile internet properties and content several years ago hasn’t worked out as expected.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 04:35:29 +0000: Google CEO Faces Lawmakers Skeptical Over Privacy, Alleged Bias - WSJ.com: US Business
Sundar Pichai faced tough questions in a first public appearance before House lawmakers, who are increasingly skeptical of Silicon Valley giants on issues of privacy and political bias.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 03:34:42 +0000: Economic Damage From California Fires Spreads Further Than Blazes - WSJ.com: US Business
Extreme wildfires across California in recent years are squeezing local economies. Chico, which escaped the wrath of the Camp Fire, is the latest example.
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 03:09:24 +0000: China Moves to Address U.S. Economic Concerns - WSJ.com: US Business
Beijing agrees to reduce auto tariffs and buy more American products, but key differences remain, as Washington prepares to add fresh pressure on Beijing.