Business News from the Wall Street Journal
- Tue, 25 Sep 2018 00:42:28 +0000: Sirius XM to Buy Pandora - WSJ.com: US Business
Sirius XM agreed to buy Pandora Media in a deal valued at about $3.5 billion, including debt, as the two sides face increasing competition from Spotify and Apple Music.
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:51:17 +0000: Airlines Try to Whip Up Better Meals for Coach Fliers - WSJ.com: US Business
American Airlines is forming a partnership with the fast-casual dining chain Zoës Kitchen to offer a revised onboard menu for economy-class passengers.
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:40:00 +0000: Michael Kors Nears Deal to Buy Versace for Around $2.4 Billion - WSJ.com: US Business
Michael Kors is close to a deal to buy Italian fashion house Gianni Versace for around $2.35 billion, in a move that would put one of the glitziest names in high fashion in the hands of a budding U.S. conglomerate better known for affordable luxury.
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 23:14:11 +0000: Big Tech's Business Model Is Broken: Report - WSJ.com: US Business
Silicon Valley tech giants can’t be trusted to police themselves and should be subject to tougher regulation, including around their pattern of acquiring competitors to accumulate ever-larger stores of user data, according to a critical new report released Monday.
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 22:47:03 +0000: Sears CEO Pushes a Rescue Plan to Avoid Bankruptcy - WSJ.com: US Business
CEO Edward Lampert wants creditors to restructure about $1.1 billion of debt due in 2019 and 2020.